Genre: Drama, Musical
A self-centered rocker must revive her estranged father’s holiday musical to fund her band’s last chance for a tour and to save her hometown from developers, finding love and redemption along the way
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
In a last ditch effort to keep her rock star dreams alive, a self-sabotaging rocker returns home to make a deal with the devil, her estranged father. During the painful reconciliation process, she uncovers the missing creative spark she needs to personally and professionally succeed.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Family drama, dramedy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The current climate of divisiveness inspired me to write a story where people at opposite ends of the spectrum learn to respect and accept each other’s unique qualities and work together for the greater good. Age, sex, orientation, musical bent, talent level, economic status, none of these need to be barriers to collaboration.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Sound of Music
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About three years.
7. How many stories have you written?
Four feature scripts, loads of short stories
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Black Cow by Steely Dan
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Finding the right ending took many, many rewrites!
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Family, music, food, live theater and movies!
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway makes it easy to stop procrastinating and get your work out in the world.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox