A traditional hand drawn frame per frame animated music video for dana Gavanski’s cover of I talk to the wind (original by King Crimson). Using a purely analog technique, the director and animator (one woman crew), wanted to recreate a 70s vibe that could match the voice of the artist, hence the pastel pink to accompany a black and white palette, the film like effect (entirely hand drawn) and the dissolving passages. The lyrics has a surreal element to it, that the director chose to underline through the use of nature as a symbol for the tidy chaos given by the juxtaposition of inside/outside and here/there. The whole video wants to reproduce the back-and-forth movement of the wind and it is, by all means, a loop.
News & Reviews
- “Dana Gavanski ‘I talk to the wind’ by Gaia Alari”Promo Newshttps://www.promonews.tv/videos/2020/09/04/dana-gavanski-i-talk-wind-gaia-alari/66419
- “Dana Gavanski- I talk to the wind- Il video d’animazione di Gaia Alari”Indie-Eyehttps://www.indie-eye.it/recensore/videoclip/dana-gavanski-i-talk-to-the-wind-il-video-danimazione-di-gaia-alari.html?fbclid=IwAR2IGVErfuuKWidY-Nc7KZKh7FNT9dNDHpeptRH3YoZ8cSeBOJ24NrypNw8
- “Dana Gavanski – I talk to the wind”Rock Feedbackhttp://www.rockfeedback.com/magazine/detail/new-music-dana-gavanski-i-talk-to-the-wind?fbclid=IwAR29__pkGVeVWwO1yevSTegBIsaPjzWFr4G-N5kfm9Fz39pgafbVwJvV5i4
- “Dana Gavanski covers King Crimson”Northern Transmissionhttps://northerntransmissions.com/dana-gavanski-covers-king-krimson/
- “Dana Gavanski- I talk to the wind “Booooooomhttps://tv.booooooom.com/2020/11/04/dana-gavanski-i-talk-t